Why We Do It
- Human Rights: Every child deserves a childhood.
- Social Mobility: No child’s destiny should be defined by their beginning.
- Justice: Young carers support others; it’s time society supported them.
- Investment in the Future: A society that fails to encourage and learn from its young carers wastes one of its most valuable resources.
- Compassion: Caring for another human being is perhaps the most important job a person can do; the ‘young carer’ title should be the source of pride and the object of respect.